Monday, March 16, 2009

Secret Screening VOLUME I ISSUE I

I held a private event at my house with limited RSVP. Pretty much
I cram 20 people into my living room, 50/50 strangers to one another.
Some are even partial strangers to me, for the love of film.
What do we do? Consume beverages, pro or con alcoholic, munch on goodies
and watch a movie or two of my choice, on a 8' screen via my HP DLP.

I initiated these events for a sense of community in Cleveland revolving
around more of a geeky, snobby inside group of "genre" and "era" film love.
The opening event was on March 7th, 2009 at 8PM. The even went over great!
I had 19 people in my living room, relatively comfortably an attentive crowd
watching something they've never even heard of or seen.
Which was great for an opener. A great way to break the ice.
That film was, Taxidermia.

Everyone was really receptive and effected by the movie which saved room
for the already well known mockopic, JCVD. Everyone who had seen it, didn't
mind watching it again and anyone who had not seen it, loved it.

So the premiere night, was tight and felt as successful.
Next event is April 4th, 2009 8PM. With a secret opener
followed by a great Korean crime/thriller, "The Chaser".

3 seats left. This is going to be an interesting and ridiculous opener.
A lot of people have heard of and have seen bits, but maybe not in such
a big crowd on such a big screen, on a 250 watt PA...
I'm so excited to see how people react to the film.
Simply golden.

Aw Lizah, I luh you sah mawch.

No comments: