Sunday, October 26, 2008

Acolytes

Acolytes - Australia
James Tresswick and Mark Vincent are victims of a brutal bully named Gary Parker who has maltreated both boys, marking their bodies and spoiling their young lives। In their last year of high school, James and Mark find a way to stop being victims. They're going to kill Gary...
६.8/10




I was at a secret screening of the U.S. premiere of Appaloosa and was really getting annoyed with Renee Zellweger as Allison French. Ugh, and originally I scheduled myself to go see Acolytes but just HAD TO KNOW WHAT THE SECRET screening was. Appaloosa was not bad, I just wasn't in the mood for it. So 35-minutes into the film I sneak out and position myself in Acolytes. It was very atmospheric even in the suburban settings. The plot was convoluted and there were some interesting and creepy well acted characters in it. Everyone seemed to be the antagonist, avenging their own egos and self respect. It was okay.

No comments: