Monday, October 27, 2008

Angel-A

France 2005



Deep in debt, small-time hoodlum Andre (Jamel Debbouze) decides to end his life on his own terms before his unsavory creditors come a-calling. But as he's poised to dive off a bridge, he meets the mysterious Angel-A (Rie Rasmussen), who seems just as desperate, and the event changes his entire outlook. The two discover that companionship can make even the most difficult life worthwhile in this inspiring film from French director Luc Besson.
9/10



This movie really got to me, in a good way. I wasn't expecting much out of it merely because of the synopsis and the religious content. But it really knocked me on my rear by catching me off guard with a lot of heartfelt scenarios that were just so deep. Jamel has the warmest eyes on a man ever and is a lovable teddy bear crook with a big heart. Rie is a towering beast that knows how to pave the road in the most in direct way. I cared about the characters a lot! I recommend this to anyone into off beat romances with a fantasy overtone.

No comments: