Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Timecrimes

Spain 2007



After accidentally traveling to the past, Héctor (Karra Elejalde) meets himself and triggers a series of mysterious events that lead to a shocking crime. The gripping time-travel story -- at once deeply intricate and easy to follow -- also stars Candela Fernández. Oscar-nominated short-film director Nacho Vigalondo makes his feature debut with this finely crafted sci-fi thriller.
10/10



Wow. So I was originally supposed to see this Spanish indie back in Sept. 2007 but decided not to due to airfare not being so fair. Fortunately for me it screened at this year's INT. CLEVELAND FILM FESTIVAL. I caught the midnight screening in he midst of that crazy storm via public transit park n ride. Which let me not tell you is a whole story of it's own. I'm not certain on the date release for this film or even if it's getting distribution in the USA. I do know Cronenberg is doing the remake for the states... You have to see this movie. It's bleeding brilliant. A man accidentally gets into a time machine and travels back in time nearly an hour. Finding himself will be the first of a series of disasters of unforeseeable consequences. I'm just going to this in here to give you an idea. If you liked "PRIMER" then you'll fall in love with this brilliant movie. I don't want to give anything away, so I'm merely recommending it. I figured the film out quite early and was really impressed with myself. But as the film went on it elaborated further more on what I had figured out and jus kept take it a step further and further. The end result will leave you satisfied.

No comments: